Monday, August 6, 2012

Dinner Menu August 6-11, 2012

This weeks dinner menu. I am trying hard to get these out every week, because it makes my life so much easier. I will see how long I last, I really want to be on top of dinner, but as every parent (stay at home or working) knows things can fall apart in a matter of moments during the day. My oldest has theater school from 4:30 to 7:00 again every night this week. Pile that on top of school every day from 9-4 and he is wiped out, so a good dinner that is ready for him to inhale when he walks in the door at 7:20p.m. makes this go a little smoother for this mom. Happy Dinner!

Freezer Meal......I am lucky enough to be part of a meal swap in my neighborhood. there are usually 7 of us that swap a freezer dinner every few months so I have a little stash of these. Sorry no recipe, just me doing a happy dance. And you really don't want to see that.
Sausage and Spinach Orecchietti...........find it here. it was published in the most recent Taste of Home, and it's a new recipe for us.
Hamburgers........fast easy and never have to argue whether they are "liked" by the family or not.
Crock Pot Orange Chicken.........find it here. Found it on Pinterest and seeing that we have been craving Chinese around here (!?!) I am going to give this one a whirl.
Tacos.......nothing complicated about this. And since I have leftover "guts" from last weeks Mexican Pizzas (they are from here in case you missed it last week.) I figured why not use it up.

I did pretty well last week. We ate fast food one night, but seeing that I was home for a total of 2 hours from the time I woke up until almost 8 that night I am not going to punish myself too much. I was excited to do so well at sticking to my menu. I do not usually do that well.



***Notes: We did okay this week. I made some modifications to the Crock Pot Orange Chicken. I added 1 cup of chicken broth and a chunk (about the size of a peanut m and m) of fresh ginger about an hour and a half into the cook time. It only took about 3 hours on low. Watch yours so the chicken doesn't get tough.  We did not make it to the Sausage and Spinach Orecchietti. It was the last week of theater school, and after 4 days, I was burned out and we hit fast food on Thursday for dinner.

No comments: