Monday, August 20, 2012

Dinner Menu Aug. 20-26, 2012

We have another crazy week ahead. Yep, I say it every week, and it never fails to be just that. This week we start gymnastics, are heading to Lagoon and also start preschool for the little one(s). My nephews start too, but they go different days then Alex. I got 2 dinner requests from my son, so I am using them. Because if you are willing to come up with a dinner idea, you usually get it around here.



Homemade Pizza.......easy enough. My kids generally just go for the cheese variety. I, lately, have loved mushroom and marinated artichoke heart. Hubby is easy and likes meat. Make your own dough (like I do) or snag some at the grocery store.
Tortellini......at our house the only way to have it is with Alfredo sauce. And I admit I buy both pre-made. Easy dinner for me that the kids love. Score!
Roast Chicken.......you know, back before the days of grocery store rotisserie chicken. I unearthed a chicken in the freezer, so I am going to cook it. Probably with the cavity stuffed full of lemons and fresh herbs. Delish!
Steak on the grill.........Simple, easy and beats the heat in the kitchen. I am a big fan of Montreal Steak Seasoning from McCormick. Delish!
Enchiladas.......at our house "regular" enchiladas are filled with ground beef, refried beans and cheese. With a traditional red enchilada sauce on top. Good stuff.


I must confess to slapping zucchinni in any and everything I can. My son fights fruits and veggies will all his heart. We have had many hours spent in tears (both his and mine) at the dinner table. My garden is full (and then some) of this easy to hide squash so I have peeled and shredded a few and thrown them in the freezer. I just pull some out, saute it up in the meat (this works especially well with ground beef) and he has no idea. If he asks what it is I totally lie and say it is onion or part of the "flavoring". You won't catch me saying "oh it's squash" he'd never eat again.  I swore I would never be that mom, and I totally am. As much as I hate it. I know there are other good things you can hide in your kiddies food if it is necessary at your house too, but we have food allergies and zucchinni is about as crazy as we get. Enjoy!



No comments: