Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dinner Menu July 29-Aug 4, 2012

This is my dinner menu this week, I chose things that could reheat easily since the boy child has theater school Mon-Thurs. and since the hubby works late on Tues and Thurs. Follow the links to the recipes.....and happy dinner!

Crock pot Lasagna...go here. This one I have personalized, mostly because I detest Ricotta cheese. Feel free to make it your own too.
Cheesy Potato and Sausage Casserole....available here. Fair warning, I have not ever made this before.
Angel Chicken......right here. Again, this is a newbie for me, but it looked good on Pinterest.
Mexican Pizza.....can be found here. A first timer again (good bye dinner rut!) but Travis made me laugh and these look amazing.
Baked Egg Rolls....I don't really use a recipe but if you need one, this one looks decent. At our house I would omit the carrots (food allergy) and the water chestnuts (hubby dislikes them) and add chopped mushrooms and ground turkey. But whatever rocks your boat! If I had a dollar I would bet there will be some of these zucchini fries to go with the egg rolls seeing that we have tons of zucchini coming out of our garden.

If you try anything let me know what you think.....or if you have a favorite meal, leave it in the comments. I am always looking for a new dinner!

***End of the week notes:
 Cheesy Potato and Sausage Casserole got good reviews from the hubby. The kids said they didn't like the chunky potatoes to which I said whatever! I liked it. I did not use the Velveeta cheese, because of the daughter's issue with annatto (coloring agent) I just used 8 ounces shredded cheddar to make the cheese sauce. I think it was good. Maybe a little hearty for July/August but will be a great Fall menu item.

 Mexican Pizza was delish. My son was very skeptical, but ended up loving it. It's pretty basic, if you like tacos or enchiladas, this is a sure hit. I also cheated and used pre-made enchilada sauce. Hey, a girl has to cheat sometimes.

Angel Chicken.....didn't happen. for no other reason then it just didn't, we really didn't have dinner on Friday because of a late lunch and a ton of errands. I intend to add it back into the menu later in the month.


No comments: