Sunday, April 19, 2009

Crockpot Lasagna

The http://365daysofcrockpot.blogspot.com/ blog stikes again. I made this for dinner one night last week and it was really good and super easy. Hope you all love it too.


Violette's Lasagna

8 lasagna noodles, uncooked and broken
1 lb ground beef
1 tsp italian seasoning
28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup water
4 oz sliced mushrooms
15 oz ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Break noodles. Place half in bottom of greased slow cooker.
2. Brown ground beef in saucepan. Drain. Stir in italian seasoning. Spread half over noodles in slow cooker.
3. Layer half of sauce and water, half of mushrooms, half of ricotta cheese, and half of mozzarella cheese over beef. Repeat layers.
4. Cover. Cook on low 5 hours.


Karen's notes:(This recipe is better than the other lasagna recipe than I tried. Although if I ever make this again I'll use cottage cheese over the ricotta. Still there seemed to be something missing. It wasn't as flavorful as I would have liked. 3 stars)

My Notes:
I love dishes like this that I can make during morning naptime, and will be ready for dinner. Make sure you break the noodles into at least 4th..you want to be able to scoop it out of the pan. I used cottage cheese (not a fan or ricotta-sorry) and I sprinkled the first layer of cottage cheese with a 1/2 teaspoon on garlic powder and onion powder, mostly becasue Karen said she thought it was missing something. I used an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce since the jar of Spaghetti sauce I had was only 24 ounces. I thought it turned out great and I enjoyed how easy it was to make. Also, this is not a good choice for oven ready noodles. I had a few so I threw them in, and they were really a bit mushy, even for me and I have rarely met a noodle I didn't care for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it!
The pork chops are 4 stars...my friend said it's good with chicken too.