Thursday, April 16, 2009

Aunt Maliea's Lemonade Cake

This one is from my step-dad's sister in Georgia. She is an amazing cook. And on occasion she is kind enough to share her recipes with me. I made this last Memorial Day and it won rave reviews from everyone.

Lemonade Cake

½ can frozen minute maid lemonade concentrate – thawed
½ cup sugar (more can be added if you want a sweeter cake)

Mix together and set aside (I place the cap back on the lemonade can and place in a plastic bag to use later)

1 package Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix – or other high quality cake mix
4 large eggs
¾ cup canola oil
¾ cup water

Mix together and pour into a Bundt or tube pan. Place in a preheated 325ยบ oven for 1 hour. When you remove the cake from the oven and while cake is hot, spoon the lemonade mixture evenly over the cake, making sure that it can get between the pan and the cake (I run a knife around the edge of the pan before I spoon on the lemonade mixture). Leave in the pan until completely cooled. Stored covered.

No comments: