Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pear Pie

My girlfriend Heather served this to me once and I was blown away, I had never heard or tasted such a thing, but boy is it good.

Ok, here’s the pear pie recipe:

Mix together:
½ tsp. nutmeg
1 c. sugar
¼ c. flour

Mix together:
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 c. heavy cream

6 med. Pears – slightly green

Peel and slice pears into crust (use deep dish pie pan), sprinkle dry ingredients over and then pour wet ingredients over top. Put top crust on, make vents and bake @ 350 deg for 45-50 minutes. Let stand for at least 15-20 min for custard to firm and serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.

ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

AMPM said...

you had me at Heavy Cream. I must try........
you post these so fast I don't have time to make them all. If you have a wild hare to make lasagna, try the one Dev makes. I think I heard angels sing when I made it, I was that close to Heaven.