Sunday, April 13, 2008

Frozen Lemonade Dessert

This one is stolen form one of my best friends. Katie got it from her grandma, and after a rousing game of bunko at her house, during which all of the girls asked for seconds, I begged for the recipe and she was kind enough to share it.

1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip, thawed
1 (1/2 gal) vanilla ice cream, softened but not melted (the good stuff here, don't be cheap)
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/2 can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (optional)
makings for graham cracker crust (or nilla wafer...for Amy)


Make graham cracker crust in a 9x13 pan. Set aside. Mix remaining ingredients together well. It may take a bit to get them to combine. I used a good wire wisk and a wooden spoon. pour mixture over crust and return to freezer for a couple of hours. Store in freezer.

serves 12

* I personally don't add the orange juice, but if you are concerned about it being too tart that is when Katie says to add it in. Katie also says her grandma makes it with the good vanilla bean ice cream (I think she said Dryers). I am really picky about ice cream, and since there are so few ingredients you should really use a quality one, I am not saying break the bank and use hagan daz...go ahead if you want, but not the nasty store brand stuff either.

1 comment:

AMPM said...

thank you for your concession over the crust