Thursday, February 18, 2010

corn bread and honey butter

The hubs loves a good corn bread. And by that he means sweet and light. If you live in an area that has the chain of Marie Callendar's resturants, that is the kind he likes. So, I am always searching for a good recipe. Usually I just break down and buy a mix, but in my searchings I came accross this blog. I have really liked all the things I have made, and this one is no exception. So, despite the fact I totally hosed the corn bread when I made it (forgot to add the baking powder, duh!) it was flat, but still yummy and since we ate it with chili for dinner the flat was no issue for me! And please, for the love of all things DO NOT forget the honey butter. The recipe may seems a little crazy. I admit I was shocked, but it is SOOOOOOOOO good!



Cornbread

½ cup cornmeal

1 ½ cup flour

2/3 cup sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

1/3 cup oil

3 tablespoons butter, melted

2 eggs, beaten

1 ¼ cup milk



Add dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny - don't be alarmed!). Bake in an 8” square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. This doubles perfectly for a 9X13-inch pan.





Honey Butter:

2 sticks butter, softened

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup marshmallow fluff



Whip all together with an electric mixer and serve at room temperature (can be refrigerated and softened).



From My Kitchen Cafe (www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com)

No comments: