Thursday, July 31, 2008

Chocolate Cake

I know that there is already one chocolate cake recipe on this site, but really is only one enough. I found this is a cookbook, and it was to be frosted with peanut butter icing...I admit I loathe peanut butter except in sandwich form, but alas I made it and forget the icing, this is hands down an awesome cake. So dense and moist. It is now in my permenant files.

3 c. flour
2 C. sugar
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
4 T. baking cocoa
1 T. vanilla
3/4c. oil
2 T. vinegar
2 c. water

Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Add in vanilla, oil, and vinegar. Stir in water. Pour into a 13"x9" pan (greased) and bake at 350* for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting. (or just snarffing it down with a tall glass of icy milk)

I had never made a cake before with vinegar and was a bit nervous, but I tell you this is so good. make it up today just for fun. I will try to post the peanut butter frosting recipe later on when it is not NAPTIME! By the way there are no notes because I made my changes directly to this recipe. Enjoy.

No comments: